As you will be aware, since Carl Trueman stepped down as Chair last November, the Club has been without a Chair over this period. The Chair is a hands-on, pivotal role and the Executive are actively seeking expressions of interest from the Membership to step up into this key role ready for the start of the new season.
Continuing discussions with Everyone Active (EA) over the plans for when the Aquatics Centre closes for repairs is a key urgent item, as is finalising our submission to EA for losses impacted on the Club following the announcement in February 2017 that the Centre would be closing due to the damaged roof.
Who we are looking for?
- You will have a passion for the long term success of the club.
- You will demonstrate strong leadership skills and experience in leading a group of like-minded individuals for a common purpose.
- You will be approachable, diplomatic and helpful.
What do we and the club expect from you?
- To work with the Executive to provide direction and leadership to the club, dealing with issues as and when they arise.
- To chair meetings; setting the agenda to support the development of the club.
- To oversee decisions made by the Executive, sub committees, officers and other club personnel.
- To prepare and present the annual report in conjunction with the Executive.
- To help ensure the correct and smooth running of all aspects of the club in accordance with its rules, constitution and by-laws and also Swim England law and UK law.
Level of commitment required
- A key requirement will be to have visibility and to regularly be at the Club.
- The Chair will manage the Head Coach, which will require time for 1:1s.
- Attendance at club meetings and those with Everyone Active, the Council and other partners / organisations.
The Club Executive