Please find below the information for the Sheffield Summer Meet 2017.
The date of the gala 22/23 July 2017.Â Cost per swim is Â£7.50.
The following must be completed before handing in your entry.
- A gala entry form must be completed
- A medical consent form must be included
- All entries MUST be in a sealed envelope with â€“ Swimmers Name â€“ Gala Name â€“ Amount Paid on the front.
- If you are entering a swim and there is no time on ASA ranking please add a training time.
This year the club is looking at a meet which involves athletes experiencing travelling and overnight stay as well as competing in a different venue.Â This will be at Sheffield, Ponds Forge on 22/23 July 2017Â which falls two weeks after our Sunderland Summer Splash.
The aim of this meet is also to replicate training up to and racing during the national period. For many athletes this will become routine once they are at an age where they are eligible to qualify.
You will need to arrange your own travel and accommodation for this meet.
The closing date for this gala will be 2 May 2017.
Similar to our Summer Splash this tends to be a very popular meet so unfortunately there is a high risk of rejections. With this in mind, the club recommends that you book a hotel well in advance and ensure the possibility of cancelling your booking should your child be rejected from the meet.
Below are a few recommended hotels which are all within very short walking distance to the pool.
- Premier inn Sheffield City Centre – Angel Street
- Travelodge Sheffield Central Hotel
- Ibis Sheffield City
If you are interested in attending this gala then please contact Paul Robinson