I hope you all continue to remain safe and well and are looking forward to returning to training.
Following the Government announcement, we are pleased to share the latest information on the reopening of the Aquatic Centre. Please ensure you click the link below which will outline to you their roadmap to re-opening: https://www.everyoneactive.com/covid-information/
As you will see from that roadmap the plan is to reopen swimming from Monday 12th April 2021, please note that this is the earliest we would return to swimming as indicated by the Government. As these dates are only a guide we may not have confirmation of the return date till 1 weed prior to recommencing.
We plan to return to the training times and arrangements that were in place prior to Christmas 2020, therefore for all our members who have renewed their memberships (thank you) and are under the age of 18 I need to start planning for your safe return.
I have been issued with the names of all athletes who have renewed their memberships in each squad – all returning swimmers are required to return completed forms (Health Survey and Return to Training form – attached) to me by the close of play on Friday 2nd April 2021. Without receipt of these forms and acknowledgement / confirmation email back, athletes will not be permitted entry. When returning these forms please indicate which squad your athlete is currently in.
All our previous Covid-19 processes and policies will in place therefore each and every athlete will require their temperature taken upon arrival; parents please do not leave the vicinity until you know they have been granted access to the building. If their temperature is not within the safe range they will be refused entry.
With regards to ongoing Covid-19 self-isolation periods, we will continue with the same process we followed previously to ensure we are fully compliant with government guidance and will adhere strictly to these for the safety of our athletes, families, coaches and Everyone Active staff.
For those children sent home from school due to contact with someone who has tested positive or who have tested positive themselves we require to be informed (myself email@example.com and the relevant Squad Coach) of that and provided with a copy of that school letter which will outline the date it’s safe to return to school – we require this for evidence purposes.
If you or an immediate family member test positive then again the athlete will need to self-isolate too upon return of that positive test, we would request a copy of that positive test be emailed to myself and the relevant Squad Coach so we know the date its safe for them to return if they remain symptom free.
Please note that if a swimmer is required to self-isolate it is not possible to refund any part of the monthly swimming fees, this will be required to fund Coaching salaries and Everyone Active pool hire fees.
As a club we have to work together to keep those we care about safe and well – our processes and procedures have been tested at both Hetton and our prior return to the Aquatics before Christmas so we know these are tried and tested methods which work well.
We will be holding a planning meeting with Squad Coaches at the end of March / start of April to prepare for each individual squad return – further communications relating specifically to each squad will follow after this.
We are continuing with the remote land training till further notice, this will be reviewed in May / June 2021 along with Everyone Active.
As per before Christmas entry to the pool will be via the bottom fire exit, there are no permitted spectators – these arrangements will be reviewed in May / June 2021 along with Everyone Active.
For those athletes over the age of 18 we are not permitted to recommence club training, this provisionally is planned for around 17th May subject to national agreement. Once we have further clarity around the return for over 18’s we will be in touch with you all then.
Finally I have received some messages asking if the club is going to join in with Level X, we have been informed there is going to be an updated version launched when clubs return a Level X 2.0. As a club we are keen to engage in this, therefore more information will follow in due course.
All these processes will remain in place till further notice; further communications will follow at a later date.